The Moutarderie Fallot is an independent Burgundy family business, established in 1840 when Léon Bouley opened a mustard and oil factory. The quality of his products was quickly noticed, appreciated and recognised by his colleagues and in 1903 he was awarded a certificate by the City of Paris at the International Exhibition. Bouley’s successors were keen to take full advantage of this renown and continued to take great care in making quality products by combining tradition and innovation.
In 1923, the range was extended when Mr Jacob launched the manufacture of mustard with ""pur verjus de Bourgogne (green grapejuice)"" followed in 1925, by the addition of a range of pickles by Mr Paul Chateau.
The business really took off under Edmond Fallot who took over the factory from Mr Chateau in 1928, and successfully breathed new life into it despite the inherent difficulties of the Second World War.
In 1945, M.Fallot’s son-in-law Roger Désarménien, joined the business and took over the reins in 1962 on the death of his father-in-law. Finally in 1987 Marc Désarménien, M. Fallot’s grandson, joined his father in the family business and took over completely from him in 1994. Very attached to his native region and the expertise relating to a profession of which he has been a keen observer since his childhood, Marc Désarménien has modernised the firm while maintaining the core process, the slow grinding of mustard seeds on millstones to preserve all the gustatory qualities of the paste. One of his main objectives is to pep up products using innovative recipes of local Burgundy origin and brought up to date.